During the current Coronovirus troubles, the Church of England is continuing its ministry of prayer and serving others, but for the time being, public services will not continue. Therefore St. Andrews will only have online services until further notice.
We intend to follow any advice from the Government and the Church of England. This means that all gatherings are sadly now cancelled, including the Holiday Club.
Cheadle and Cheadle Hulme Community Support Service
If anyone in the local community needs support, please do get in touch and we will try to help! We have joined with other local churches (St. Cuthberts and All Hallows), our Councillors, and volunteers to form a new support group covering the Cheadle Hulme North ward (our local council area).
- For non-medical help (or to support our service), phone 0161 428 3983. This helpline operates from 8am to 8pm every day, with an out-of-hours answerphone.
- Remember, for medical help you should use the NHS Coronavirus service online if possible, otherwise call the NHS on 111, or in an emergency, 999.
St Andrews is holding online meetings every day
We can't meet - but we're staying in touch:
- Daily online prayer meeting - 7 p.m. each day, led by Rev. Christopher Hobbs, our Vicar. Please contact Christopher in advance (0161 291 9134), or join the Facebook group (below) for details of how to log in. You can join this meeting by video link on PC or tablet - or if someone can only use the telephone, they can still join in by calling a special phone number, available from Christopher. (N.B. The meeting starts at 7pm, but to be on time, you have to log in a little before then.)
- St Andrews Sunday service - on our new YouTube channel. Click HERE for last Sunday's service (with sermon by John Bell) if you have not watched it yet.
- Emmanuel's Sunday service - on the Emmanuel YouTube channel.
- Our new Facebook discussion group. This is a place to share shopping tips, prayer requests and anything to encourage each other during these times. It is often the quickest way to hear about what we are organising at church.
Pastoral Letters from our Vicar, Christopher
Christopher is sending out Pastoral Letters to encourage and help our congregation through these challenging days. You can read them below:
Tell people about what's happening in the Parish
It really helps people if they can stay in contact with others. Please phone people - especially the elderly and vulnerable. You might want to tell people how to find our church website. We now have a new, short, forwarding web address which will direct people to this page. It is: standy.uk
Welcome to St. Andrew's
We're a friendly Bible-teaching church. During the current crisis, we cannot meet, but we have online services every day - please see below. Also, we are active in assisting our local community.
We have two churches: St. Andrew's on Cheadle Road and Emmanuel. See our Audio page for a range of recent talks.
Follow these links for details of our Safeguarding policy and contacts or to view our Data Privacy Notice